WHO IS THE IDEAL CANDIDATE FOR THE MENTOR U PROGRAM?
Passionate entrepreneurs ready to launch their own travel business. MentorU is the industry’s premier onboarding program for aspiring agents who are brand new to travel or have limited experience.
WHAT IS MENTORU?
MentorU is a 6-month program of interactive coaching that covers business planning and setup, sales and marketing, preferred suppliers, booking technology, and itinerary planning. It is facilitated by two experienced travel agency professionals with a diverse depth of experience, and also supported by preferred supplier representatives and experienced UTC agent mentors.
We don't just show you how to be a successful travel agent, but also how to be a successful business owner. UTC offers you a solid foundation to help you navigate the travel industry and build a career you actually love!
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- 6 months of interactive coaching with REAL people!
- Hands-on coaching covering the technical aspects of booking travel.
- Business and marketing mentoring from seasoned professionals.
- A network of veteran agents eager to offer tips and advice.
- Reliable support from the best staff in the industry!
- A robust portfolio of preferred suppliers with top-tier commissions.
- One-on-one supplier support and access to co-op funds.
- A dedicated no-maintenance website program.
At the conclusion of the 6-month MentorU coaching program, agent participants should be able to:
- Qualify a prospective client, research appropriate travel products and services, produce a recommended itinerary, prepare and deliver a presentation, and close the sale.
- Generate 5 bookings and/or $10,000 in total sales.
- Develop a prospects/client list of 100 profiles with basic contact information and marketing codes.
- Apply comprehensive understanding to implementation of host agency policies and procedures, technology, services, and operations.
- Create and implement a marketing plan/calendar and simple business plan.
- Complete educational training with three UTC preferred suppliers.
- Assess individual competency to complete the TAP test or equivalent industry certification program.
- Formulate a travel industry career blueprint.
Fee Details: Initial, one-time fee of $499. Monthly fee of $50 starting at month 7. The Monthly Fee includes access to Ensemble booking tools, VAX, Passport Online, Inc. website program, and invoicing.
70% commission split with the opportunity to graduate to a higher level. Commission adjusts to 80% at $50,000 in sales and 90% when $100,000 in annual sales is reached.